1. Our recruitment consultants specialise in specific industries, namely the Motor, Mining, Engineering, Technical Industries, Finance, Management and hospitality. In this way, we are able to match and understand the needs of our clients and candidates.
2. Our clients are corporate companies, who provide us with vacancies and job descriptions
3. We will only consider your application once we have a suitable position for you and you have met the required criteria
4. Please make sure you meet the specific job criteria, you need to apply for a specific position which matches your skills set.
5. We update our vacancies on a daily/weekly basis on our website.
6. Make sure to view vacancies on a weekly/daily basis and apply for suitable positions
7. Please view current vacancies on our website at: www.definitiveplacement.co.za
Preparing for the interview
- Make a memorable note of the time and place of the interview along with the name of your interviewer(s).
- Prepare to be at least 15 minutes early for your interview. Punctuality can show that you are interested in the company and is a good start to any interview.
- Take extra copies of your CV, Certificates, ID and any other relevant documentation.
Research company background
- Find out the culture of the company and their dealings with other clients.
- What attracted you to the job description and highlight what makes you unique, give you the edge and to stand out from the rest.
- Show your passion for what you do, what you enjoy about your job most.
- Have a positive attitude during the interview.
Practice interview questions
- Practice answering interview questions and practice your responses.
- Think of actual examples you can use to describe your skills.
- Providing evidence of your successes is a great way to promote your submission.
Look sharp and smart!
- Your presentation will make a statement about yourself!
- Begin with a firm handshake.
- Make sure you have good eye contact with the interviewer.
- Sit up straight with your hands in your lap is a good way to remain calm in the interview.
- Relax, smile and promote a positive attitude to demonstrate confidence.
- Listen to the entire question before answering.
- Pay attention and answer the question directly.
- Before responding to a question, pause and think about what you want to say. This will avoid quick and weak response.
- Highlight your strengths.
- Sell your qualities that apply to the role.
- Be prepared to expand what is stated on your CV.
- Prove that you are the right fit for the position.
Follow up the interviewer(s) with a phone call/email.
- This highlights your proactive and responsible nature.
- Following up shows great interest and could potentially get you ahead of the rest!